Sunday, November 11, 2007

Deciding On a Topic

My partner, Caroline, and I decided to argue on the subject of gay rights. According to the Encarta Dictionary, gay rights are defined as "civil rights for gay people, particularly the right to be treated without discrimination both legally and socially." Are the rights provided for gays and lesbians equal or are they discriminating towards them? As for my side, I will be arguing in favor of gay rights. I believe that the laws regarding them are incorrect and shows unequality towards homosexual individuals.

1 comment:

MR. MILLION said...

If you are arguing in support of gay rights, then you have your last statement reversed, I believe. First of all, what are 'gay rights'? Are you going to argue that gay men and women are discriminated against because of their sexuality? This needs to be defined better in the brief. Let me know if you have questions.